Recipe by Pesto lover
For all of us lemon lovers out there! Made extra good with manuka honey, which has good health benefits. I find manuka honey at Whole Foods.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup manuka honey
- 1⁄2 sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 small lemons, juice of
- 3 small lemons, zest of
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat butter, honey and sugar together.
- Add eggs one at a time, incorporating well.
- Add lemon juice and flour, mixing well.
- Fold in zest. Best done by hand.
- Fill a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cups and divide batter between them.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until done.
- Serve with a dollop of slightly sweetened whipped cream or Cool Whip.