Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a soup version of Manty.
Make and share this Manty Soup from Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground lamb or 1 lb beef
- 4 large onions
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 -3 laurel leaves
- 3 -5 peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice, for kazkah and uzbek recipes from recipe of the same name
- 1⁄2 lb flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup black-eyed peas
- salt or pepper
- 1⁄3 cup rice
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 large onion
- 1 large chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- Make manty as in the "Manty" recipe, but make them half the size, and do not cook them.
- Place peas, rice, salt, and pepper in a pot. Boil, and simmer 30 minutes. Fry onions until golden. Add tomato, tomato paste, manty, potato cubes, cover with water, and simmer 45 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Add this to the bean and rice mixture. Then add 2 cups water, dill and yogurt. Stir until hot but not boiling. Check for seasonings and serve. Technically, Uzbek manty would omit the bay leaves.