Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from a past issue of Yankee magazine. Hailing from The Spa at Mansion House Vineyard Haven, MA.
- Ingredients ask for clay (use mud) see note below.
- If mud is dry mix it with a drop of water.
- In separate bowl, mix the honey and oil; then set aside.
- Apply a thin layer of mud to fresh washed face and neck, then lie down 15 minutes to let it dry.
- Then, using warm, damp washcloth, wipe off most of the mud and massage in the honey olive oil mixture.
- Leave on 5 - 10 minutes, then rinse.
- Then moisturize.
- Try to find a Queen Helene Natural English Clay Mud Pack if possible) at HFS. Time indicated is facial time.
I loved this! I have problem skin and it always seems that any flare-ups I have take forever to heal. I drew a bath and used the Queen Helene's clay mask for 10 minutes prior to getting into the bath, got in, rinsed the mask mostly off, and then took the honey mixture and worked it into my face and let sit for 10-15 minutes. After I washed it off and got out of the bath, I looked in the mirror and there were ALREADY results in the quality of my skin! My bumps had gotten less red and smoothed out a lot, and in a couple of days they were almost completely gone! I believe that because I soaked in a very warm bath that the fact that my pores were more open helped the honey mix work on my blemishes. Can't wait for the next bath to do this again!