Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a 'manly' tuna spread. Once it's whizzed, chill for 2-24 hours before serving. He may not even realize that the main ingredient is tuna!
- 6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 (8 ounce) packages low-fat cream cheese
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons white wine, any kind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Serve with any shaped crackers- vegetable biscuits, ritz, triscuits, etc.
Well, it tastes nothing like tuna. I tasted mostly the worcestershire sauce. I really liked the idea of the cream cheese but I think the additives were too strong. I ate in on crackers and it was ok, but dh took 1 bite and wouldn't have any more.
I prepared this for my daughter because I thought she would like it a lot since she likes to get tuna subs from Subway (sandwich shop) with bacon added. She did eat it, but said she likes traditional tuna salad better because she didn't like the flavor of the cream cheese combined with the tuna. Although the recipe works well, it has a more adult type of flavor and I probably would not prepare it for her again. Sorry.