This recipe was easy to make. We enjoyed the flavor and texture. It is one of Rachael Ray's recipes. Good with grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese and crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed under knife
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- coarse salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium portabella mushroom cap, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3/4 cup beef broth or 3/4 cup beef stock
- 28 -32 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked to al dente
- 1Heat heavy-bottomed pan over medium high heat.
- 2Add olive oil and crushed red pepper flakes and cook for 10 seconds.
- 3Add beef, onions, garlic, and seasonings.
- 4Brown for 5 minutes.
- 5Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes more.
- 6Add wine and reduce for 1 minute.
- 7Add broth and tomatoes and reduce heat to low.
- 8Simmer 5 to 10 minues to combine flavors.
- 9Toss pasta with sauce.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Manly Meat Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 811.0
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 171.8 mg
- Sodium 621.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 40.7 g