Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was easy to make. We enjoyed the flavor and texture. It is one of Rachael Ray's recipes. Good with grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese and crusty bread.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed under knife
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- coarse salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium portabella mushroom cap, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth or 3⁄4 cup beef stock
- 28 -32 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked to al dente
- Heat heavy-bottomed pan over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and crushed red pepper flakes and cook for 10 seconds.
- Add beef, onions, garlic, and seasonings.
- Brown for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes more.
- Add wine and reduce for 1 minute.
- Add broth and tomatoes and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 5 to 10 minues to combine flavors.
- Toss pasta with sauce.