Top Review by svolz
I omitted the cilantro and used original rotel tomatoes and green chilis........everyone at the superbowl party loved it! Several people wanted the recipe. And I do recommend using Frito Scoops!
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 lb hot breakfast sausage, cooked and drained (Jimmy Dean preferred)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 3 jalapenos, chopped fine
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes (extra hot preferred)
- Fritos corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cheese and Rotel tomatoes in microwave safe dish. Microwave until smooth.
- Stir in cilantro, jalepenos, and sausage. Heat another 60 seconds.
- Serve with Fritos.
- If you don't like things too hot cut back on the peppers and use regular Rotel.
- I have also used the reduced fat Velveeta and it still is wonderful.