Recipe by MarinesWife
I got the original recipe from Rachael Ray. I made a few changes based on how I cook. I usually double this for our large family, but do not double the broth. We like to use a honey beer also. My husband likes his chili real spicy and the children do not, so the optional Tabasco sauce is there. I just put in 2 glugs of the BBQ sauce, I do not measure much of this recipe!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 8 ounces beer
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, smoky
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Tabasco sauce
- corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in deep pot. Add onions and garlic; saute 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add beef and brown, another 3 to 5 minutes. Season lightly with Montreal seasoning or salt and pepper. Add beer and let it reduce by half.
- Stir in broth, pate, chili powder, cumin, barbecue sauce. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Top with cheddar cheese. Serve with corn chips. Add hot Tabasco to make super spicy.