Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
When I made these, they were a lot of work, but after I tasted them, they were well worth it.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 150 g chopped frozen broccoli
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 manicotti
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- Sauté onion in margarine until tender.
- Add ham, drained broccoli and 1/2 of cheese.
- Cook manicotti until tender.
- Stuff manicotti with ham mixture.
- Melt margarine in saucepan.
- Add flour, cook and stir one minute.
- Add milk and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining cheese and stir until smooth.
- Spread 1/2 c cheese, sauce over bottom of a baking dish and arrange stuffed manicotti over sauce and pour remaining sauce over top that.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake at 375°F for approximately 30 minutes.
- 4 servings of 2 manicotties each.