Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the Healthy Meals in Minutes collection, group 8, Perfect Pasta, #65. The description on the front says, "East meets west when Oriental seasonings combine with a traditional Italian favorite. What a hit!"
- 12 manicotti
- 2 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
for the sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mushroom
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, but do not add salt. Drain in a colander. Spray a 13x9" baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a medium nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add chicken. Saute until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. In a large bowl, combine chicken, bread crumbs, green onions, and egg white. Spoon chicken mixture into shells. Place in prepared pan.
- 3. To prepare sauce, in a small bowl, combine wine and corn starch. In a medium skillet, combine broth, mushrooms, and soy sauce. Stir in wine mixture. Simmer over medium heat for 3 minutes. Spoon sauce evenly over shells. Sprinkle mozzarella over top. Bake until heated through and cheese melts, about 30 minutes.
- Calories: 214; Carbs: 22 g; Protein: 18 g; Sodium: 395 mg; Fat: 4 g; Cholesterol: 33 mg.