Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a great recipe because you can make it as mild or as spicy as you wish. Can also be prepared the night before by not cooking the shells at all. Just prepare and then refrigerate. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking.
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 8 ounces manicotti
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- sliced green onion
- sliced ripe olives
- Cook beef until no longer pink.
- Add beans, chili powder and oregano.
- Cook manicotti shells in boiling water for approximately 5 minutes.
- You want them still a little firm for stuffing.
- Spoon beef mixture into shells; arrange in a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Combine water and picante sauce; pour over shells.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Uncover; spoon sour cream over the top.
- Sprinkle with cheese, onions and olives.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
This was delicious! I made this the night before. I have never stuffed manicotti before and used a butter knife. It seemed to work resonably well. It would probably be easier to mix spices with beef before adding beans. I used spicy refried beans. I wasn't sure if I should add the picante/water mix the night before, so I waited until just before cooking and it turned out great. Thanks for sharing!
YUMMY! This was delicious and I premade it last night without cooking the noodles, as suggested in the description. It turned out great! There is a LOT of sauce so hubby suggested that you serve this with chips too! I made this as directed but skipped the olives because I'm the only one here who likes them. Made for PRMR tag. Thanks AuntSana! :)