Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is just wonderful. I love Italian food and this one is soooo good.
- 8 ounces manicotti, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups yellow and green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 cup onion, slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Lay flat on foil to cool.
- In skillet, heat oil.
- Add peppers, onion and garlic. Cook over medium high heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, sauce and HALF of the basil and oregano.
- Cook 3 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 cup of sauce mixture into 13x9 baking dish.
- In bowl, stir together 1 CUP of the mozzarella, ricotta, egg, parmesan, and remaining basil and oregano.
- Fill pasta tubes with ricotta mixture; place in dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over pasta.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.