Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Meals.com. Spinach and nutmeg are a classic combination, and they appear here in stuffed pasta bursting with cheese and covered with tomato sauce.
- 1 lb manicotti
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup small curd 2% fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 13x9x2-inch non-reactive baking pan; set aside.
- Prepare manicotti according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Combine spinach, mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese and nutmeg in a bowl. Fill manicotti shells with spinach mixture. Place in prepared baking dish. Spoon spaghetti sauce on top.
- Cover and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until cheese is bubby.
This is such a nice little recipe. I made this after work yesterday. Start to finish, 1 hour and I had a dinner that tasted as if I'd been in the kitchen all afternoon. Love the spinach in this and I'm not a fan. I had 9 tubes of pasta and just enough filling for those, I used an 7x11 pan and 1/2 a jar of sauce. I also used FF cottage cheese with 1 tsp cornstarch added to it. Perfect....