This is an adopted recipe that I chose because I had made and loved this recipe. This recipe freezes great and is a great OAMC recipe. Original intro: "I found this in a TOH magazine and fell in love with it! I have made a few changes to the original to suit our tastes better. I hope you'll like it, too!" (Thanks cbw)
- Soak bread in water and squeeze to remove excess water; tear into small pieces and set aside.
- In a skillet, cook the meat, onion, garlic, salt and pepper until meat is no longer pink and the onion is tender; drain.
- Stir in the bread and cheeses; mix well.
- Spoon into manicotti shells.
- Pour half of the spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Arrange shells over sauce and top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- (You can also do this without cooking the manicotti first, but you'll need to add a little water to the sauce[about 1/2 cup] and about 1/2 hour to the baking time).