Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
We have had this for years!
- 1 (8 ounce) box manicotti
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Cook manicotti acoording to package directions.
- Combine cheeses, parslet, salt, and pepper and spooon into manicotti.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a 13 by 9 inch baking pan.
- Arrange manicotti in single layer over sauce.
- Add remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and abke 15 minutes.
A very good basic recipe. Next time I would add some garlic to the cheese mixture and maybe a few other spices...basil, oregano, etc. I undercooked the manicotti shells by a minute or so and am glad I did. It made them far easier to stuff and they were just right after baking in the sauce.
Really enjoyed this manicotti! It was just what I was looking for - meatless, simple, quick and tasty!
This was a wonderful dish. And it was very easy to prepare (which is always a big "plus" in my opinion), and it was so delicious. It was a real hit with my family. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Young Chef #2. Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef.