Recipe by TansGram
I made this, at my husband's request, many, many times after we were first married. He still requests it after 32 years! This recipe came from the back of a mayonnaise jar.
Top Review by Marlene.
This is a great surprise recipe! Like another reviewer, when I saw mayonnaise listed I was very hesitant to try this recipe. But , it had a quick prep time , which is what I was looking for that day. I DID make a substitution. I love ricotta cheese, so used that in place of the cottage cheese. Followed everything else as written though. Delicious!!!!! The mayonnaise gives it a different flavor but not mayonnaise y at all ... more of a rich , creamy flavor. I made these for our lunch at work , they reheat very well too. Also, to fill very easily and quickly, I just use my pastry bag without putting a tip on it ... that way the burger mixture can squeeze right through into the manicotti .. sure saved me time trying to fill them! Thanks so much for posting this easy, tasty Manicotti recipe!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- parmesan cheese, grated
- cooked manicotti
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and garlic; drain.
- Mix next 4 ingredients; stir in beef.
- Fill each manicotti with about 1/4 cup of cheese and meat mixture.
- Place in a baking dish; cover with sauvce.
- Sprinkle with oregano and parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes.