1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Kathleen Talbot's Note:
This was my favorite recipe as a kid. All the ingredients I've listed are kid friendly, but you could add spinach or other "adult-only" foods if you like. Serve with a nice green salad and warm bread! Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 box manicotti
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes with juice, cut up
- 15 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 packages Lawry's spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated bread
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley
- 1In medium saucepan heat tomato sauce, tomatoes (with juice& chopped), water, olive oil, and sauce mix.
- 2Simmer 25 minutes.
- 3Brown ground beef and mix with a beaten egg, bread, cheese, milk, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- 4Put a little sauce in the bottom of pan.
- 5Stuff uncooked manicotti shells with meat filling.
- 6Place as a single layer in pan.
- 7Put sauce over the shells.
- 8Pour 1 cup of water around the edges of the pan.
- 9Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes covered with foil.
- 10Remove foil and bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.7
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 95.1 mg
- Sodium 918.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 19.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's spaghetti sauce mix