Recipe by mama smurf
Found this recipe in "Best-Loved Food of the 50's". Haven't tried this recipe yet. But I needed to post it so I wouldn't lose it. I thought I would try it with leftover turkey.
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 lb boneless turkey or 1 lb boneless chicken, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In large skillet, brown turkey in oil over medium high heat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add remaining ingredient, except noodles. Cover and cook over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Remove cover; cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve over hot noodles. Garnish with chopped parsley; if desired.