Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Simple Crockpot Manhattan Clam Chowder Source: www.justcrockpotrecipes.com
- 1⁄4 lb diced bacon
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 celery, thinly sliced (with leaves)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (or dried)
- 1 can tomatoes, broken up with juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 2 -3 cans clams (with juice)
- Put all ingredients in crock pot.
- Stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Turn down to low and cook for 8 hours.
This was surprisingly good. Fairly easy to make. The clams out of the cans were very stinky and I just wasn't sure when I smelled the slow cooker initially but the result was tasty and my family loved it. I went with 3 cans of chopped clams, used 3 x-large baking potatoes, and for the vague "1 can tomato" used 1 can diced tomatoes with juice plus 1 can tomato sauce. Cooked it mostly on high instead of low (2 hrs on low=1 hr on high). Served with garlic bread and salad.
Sounds delicious..........i will try this one