- 2 1⁄4 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth or 2 1⁄4 cups regular chicken broth
- 1 large bliss red potatoes, diced
- 2 cups stir fry frozen peppers and onions
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams, including juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced low-sodium tomatoes or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canregular diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can low-sodium tomato sauce or 1 (8 ounce) canregular tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy saucepan or dutch oven, combine the broth, potato, and pepper and onion mixture, bring to a boil; cover, reduce the heat, and cook 8 to 10 minutes until potato is almost tender.
- Add the clams and their liquid, add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, bay leaf, thyme, and marjoram, recover and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, and simmer about 15 minutes longer, until the flavors are well blended, remove and discard the bay leaf, add salt and pepper to taste if desired.