This clever take on the Manhattan is a perfect adult dessert. For the best tasting float use a premium black cherry soda like Stewart's or IBC as opposed to store brands. Cook time is freeze time. This recipe was inspired by Gabriel Frasca of Spire in Boston.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup quality Bourbon, plus
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet vermouth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1 liter cherry soda, chilled (One liter = three 12-ounce bottles)
- maraschino cherry, for garnish
- 1Add ice cream to a blender or food processor. While the machine is running quickly add the bourbon and process until it just combines. Spread the ice cream in a rectangular glass or plastic container with lid and put in freezer until firm enough to scoop, this should take about 20 minutes.
- 2While the ice cream is freezing, whip heavy cream with vermouth, sugar and bitters until soft peaks form. Refrigerate.
- 3Fill 4 tall glasses 2/3 of the way with cherry soda. Put a scoop of ice cream into each glass and top with the chilled whipped cream. Place maraschino cherries on top of whipped cream and serve. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Manhattan Ice Cream Float
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.1
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 144.3 mg
- Sodium 137.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: