Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Makes a quick and tasty meal for one or two with leftovers for lunch
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup sliced celery (optional)
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams (I use whole baby)
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, chop with juice (or 1 can stewed tomatoes)
- 1 small potato, cubed
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 dash thyme or 1 dash marjoram
- cayenne pepper
- 1 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- oyster crackers (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except crackers in a saucepan.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Serve with oyster crackers or crackers of your choice.
If you are searching for a quick dinner for two you have come to the right place! This is a delicious chowder in almost no time at all filled with fresh vegetables and proves to be very flavorful. Complement with a tossed green salad and some crusty Italian bread and you are all set! Thanks Dorothy!
Really good! I cooked the potatoes, celery and carrots for a few minutes prior to adding everything else. I also threw in a bottle of clam juice to add to the amount of liquids. Perfect for a winter's dinner here in New England. Thanks!
This is quick and short preparation! The flavor is awesome. Wash, cut, open and dump everything to the pot and let it simmer. Potatoes and carrots in my opinion probably be better to cook first for 3-5 minutes before joining the rest of the ingredients. Serving with 3oz of Sirloin Steak and a scoop of Linguine with Garlic & Olive Oil for dinner of 2. Very fulfilling! Thank you for sharing!!!