Makes a quick and tasty meal for one or two with leftovers for lunch
Make and share this Manhattan Clam Chowder (Quick) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup sliced celery (optional)
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams (I use whole baby)
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, chop with juice (or 1 can stewed tomatoes)
- 1 small potato, cubed
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 dash thyme or 1 dash marjoram
- cayenne pepper
- 1 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- oyster crackers (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except crackers in a saucepan.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Serve with oyster crackers or crackers of your choice.