Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, peeled & diced (2 medium size)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup carrot (2 medium size)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon leaf thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can clams, minced
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can clams, chopped
- 2 cups clam broth, drained from cans of clams or 2 cups bottled clam broth
- Drain broth from cans of clams into a 2 cup measure.
- Add additional clam broth if needed.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Saute onion in butter.
- Add remaining ingredients, except clams.
- Add broth to cover vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and cook 30 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Add clams and cook an additional 4 minutes.
- Can also be prepared in a slow cooker.
- Follow instructions through#5.
- Cook in crockpot for 5 hours.
- Add clams for the last 10 minutes.