Recipe by CHILI SPICE
The best recipes are always the simplest and this is my favorite for chowder. It features classic easy-to find ingredients: It''s a cinch to make, and best of all --it tastes great!
Top Review by Prana Princess
Great clam chowder!! Very easy. Made just as written and I think next time I make this I will add some pepper. Oh, and this makes a TON, so there are plenty of leftovers. Thanks for sharing!
- 8 slice bacon, chopped
- 473.18 ml chopped clams (I use canned)
- 946.36 ml clam juice
- 118.29 ml dry white wine (chardonnay)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, medium size, diced
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml dried parsley
- 793.78 g canned whole tomatoes, drained then chopped
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 0.5-0.75 ml Tabasco sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, saute bacon until brown and crispy. Pour off 1/2 the fat. Add the onion, carrots,celery, thyme and parsley and saute for about 3 minutes (or until softened). Add tomatoes, tomato paste and garlic, cook for 2 minutes. Add wine and clam nectar. Bring to a boil. Add the potatoes, reduce heat, and simmer for about 10 minute or until potatoes are tender. Stir in clams and cook for a few more minutes (to heat the clams). Serve with nice crusty rolls.