Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great on a cold winter night. This recipe makes a lot so I usually freeze the leftovers.
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 3 cups raw potatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans baby clams
- 3⁄4 cup ham, diced
- Fry celery and onions in 1 tbsp of butter.
- Put potatoes, celery and onions in a large stock pot.
- Add tomatoes.
- Drain clams, reserving the liquid.
- Add liquid to the pot.
- Add water to cover.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook uncovered until potatoes are done.
- Add clams and ham.
- Thicken with flour, as desired.
We've never eaten clams before and were a little apprehensive about it. I was surprised that my four year old loved them! We were all pleased to be introduced to a new, very healthy dish that we all liked. I would recommend, however, that you chop up the clams slightly so they don't look so much like little aliens.