Recipe by BusyBlanton
I've personally never made this, but it comes from my great grandmothers cook book. She used to make it for special occasions.
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup potato
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 5 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans clams
- 1 sprig parsley, snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- In deep pot saute bacon till crisp.
- Stir in thyme and onion and cook until tender.
- Add potato, celery, water, salt and pepper to hot water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add undrained tomatos, undrained clams, and bacon mixture to pot.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat for 1 hour.
- Add salt, pepper and parsley to taste.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.