Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
found this on a weight watchers site but changed it to fit my family's taste. It makes 2 loaves. Serving amount is for 1 loaf. (so sixteen for both loaves)
- 1 (6 ounce) box pork stuffing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Egg Beaters egg substitute (I use 1 egg yolk and enough egg whites to make 8 oz of egg)
- 1 cup thick and chunky mild salsa
- 1 (14 ounce) package fat free smoked sausage
- 2 lbs ground turkey (the original recipe calls for ground beef or you could mix both)
- 1⁄4 cup grape jelly
- 1⁄2 cup honey barbeque sauce
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a blender, food proscessor or wand, gring up stuffing mix into fine bread crumbs.
- In a large bowl combine egg, salsa, BBQ sauce, and bread crumbs.
- Stir well.
- Take sausage lengths out of casing.
- combinesausage, and ground turkey with the mixture.
- Use your hands!
- seperate into two loaves.
- You can freeze one for another time.
- bake meatloaf in oven for 50 minutes.
- while meatloaf is baking combine ingredients for glaze.
- when the meatloaf has cooked for the fifty minutes take out and spread glaze over top.
- bake another 10 to 15 minutes.