Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
In Australian Tables Magazine November 2007. Looks absolutely delicious and if I wasn't diabetic would give it a go and the DH doesn't like mangoes so I can't see me making it at this point in time. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 100 g biscuits (Plain, Milk Arrowroot - 13 biscuits)
- 60 g butter (melted)
- 500 g cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar (110 grams)
- 200 g white chocolate (melted)
- 300 ml cream (whipped)
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup hot water (60ml)
- 2 mangoes (sliced)
- Place biscuits in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form.
- Add melted butter and pulse to combine.
- Press into a base of a 20cm springform pan.
- Chill for 15 minutes, until base is firm.
- Meanswhile, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Fold through chocolate and whipped cream.
- Whisk gelatine with hot water until dissolved.
- Stir 1/4 cup of cream cheese mixture into gelatine, return to cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Pour cheesecake over biscuit base.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Arrange mango slices over top and cut cheesecake into wedges to serve.
I made a few changes, but the results taste fantastic. I used Oreo cookies for the base & milk chocolate instead of white chocolate, due to a shopping error. I only had Light Philly on hand, so used that, with the result being a slightly more mousse-like consistency. I chopped the mangoes up & mixed through the cheesecake for extra flavour. The milk chocolate & mango didn't work as well as I'd hoped, but it's still wonderfully decadent. Will definitely make this again & am looking forward to trying the plain cookie base & white chocolate filling or milk chocolate with Kahlua or strawberry instead of mango. Thanks for sharing this winner.
This is SOOOOO yummy! I didn't get a chance for a picture because it was devoured! I will admit the that gram/cup etc. ratio was hard to figure out alot of googlin' but I figured it out. The conversion button here isn't working yet or sumthing.