Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is beautifully presented at the table in layers. When it is time to serve, toss and ensure each piece of fruit is coated with mango dressing. Update: I used 2 mangoes and ended up with a little more sauce than it needed, but it was both beautiful and tasty. Next time I will only use half of the ginger. Would have been better if it were more subtle.
- 2 firm-ripe mangoes (1 1/2 lb. total)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 3 firm-ripe bananas (1 1/4 lb. total)
- 4 firm-ripe kiwi fruits (2/3 lb. total)
- 1 Asian pear (1/2 lb.)
- Pit and peel mangoes.
- Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Measure 1/4 cup and reserve.
- In blender or food processor, whirl remaining mangoes with the ginger, 3 tablespoons lime juice and 1 tablespoon sugar until smooth.
- Taste and add more lime juice and sugar if desired.
- Pour mango dressing into a deep 2 to 2-1/2 quart clear glass bowl.
- Cut strawberries into 1/4-inch slices.
- Peel bananas; cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a bowl, gently mix bananas with 1/2 tablespoon lime juice.
- Peel kiwi fruit; cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
- Peel, quarter, and core pear; cut into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- In another bowl, gently mix pear with 1/2 tablespoon lime juice.
- In the deep glass bowl, arrange strawberry slices in an even layer on the mango dressing.
- Arrange banana slices on strawberries, and cover bananas with kiwi fruit.
- Mound reserved mango and pear on kiwi fruit.
- To serve, gently mix fruit with mango dressing at the bottom and spoon onto plates.