Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe has a nice combination of flavors,and colors, and it's healthy. The Jicama (pronounced - hee-ka-ma), is an amazing addition to this recipe as it adds a nice crunch and mild flavor, and until this recipe I had no idea what this was. I do now, and it's a keeper. It's always nice to find a new vegetable and today this was it.
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese (this can also be whipped, your preference)
- 2 flour tortillas (I use the spinach tortilla, but can you choose your favorite)
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2 inch thick strips
- 2 green onions (green tops only)
- 1 small carrot, peeled. shaved. (or cut julienne style)
- 1⁄4 cup julienne strips jicama (pronounced, hee-ka-ma)
- 1⁄4 cup julienne strips red bell pepper
- Spread cream cheese over tortilla and place mango, green onion, carrot, jicama, & bell pepper over 2/3 of the tortilla. Roll up tightly. Gently squeeze rolls to secure the ingredients then cut into 1/2 thick slices, or cut in half for a healthy lunch or snack.
Awesome little snack / hors d'oeuvre ... Tripled the recipe for a small crowd and they were quickly devoured. It was fun revealing the surprise ingredient: jicama. Most people had never had it before. Nevertheless, we got rave reviews. Made them as written and enjoyed every bite! Thank you for posting!