Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very summery cake with the flavours of mango, banana, pineapple and coconut.
- 1 large mango, peeled,mashed (slightly over-ripe)
- 1 large banana, mashed (over-ripe is better)
- 1 (440 g) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups self raising flour
- Grease a square cake pan (23cm) and line with baking paper.
- Combine the mango, banana and pineapple in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the eggs, coconut, butter, sugar and flour.
- Mix until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 180 degrees C for 40 minutes, or until cooked.
- Stand cake in the pan for 5 minutes, before turning out onto a rack to cool.
- Serve decorated with extra mango and wedges of lime.
This sounded so good I just had to make it!! I followed the recipe but it was absolutely AWFUL!! It makes a very large cake but I can tell you it went into the trash can.
It's very good and very easy to make. Thank you
This is WONDERFUL, Dale, just like you! I completed my last Information Technology(Masters) examination today and in honour of that, I've baked this cake today!:) I only had a little problem with the conversion of 125gm. of melted butter. I used a little over half a cup of margarine as a substitute for butter. This cake is a big one, come out a beautiful mild yellow colour, and I can't wait to cut it in the evening! There were a few crumbs that I took a bite of, and loved the flavour! Thanks again! While I baked this, somehow it seemed to make my parrot very happy - he kept chirping away and seems delighted with this cake:) Thanks for a GREAT cake! I wish you could join in my fun!!