Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a recipe I have made years ago. I found it again searching tonight in a Good Taste magazine, and am now posting this for ZWT9. I was not such a fan of this recipe, but the rest of the family loved it.
- 1 mango, large, cheeks removed, peeled, cut into 5mm pieces
- 2 tomatoes, roma, halved, deseeded, cut into 5mm pieces
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow chili, fresh, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the mango, tomato, onion, chilli, lime juice and oil in bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir to combine.
This salsa would be really good for children since it has no heat. My tomatoes were also yellow and I was tempted to serve this in a yellow bowl, but I resisted.