Recipe by Tomorrow Never Knows
This is a quick pasta topping you can make while the pasta cooks. It's sweet and, with the jalapeno, it can also be spicy.
Top Review by Ambervim
I used fresh grape tomatoes, added peanuts and had no corn or black beans on hand. I would never have thought of mango and tomato together on pasta!!! It was refreshing and a lovely summer treat.
- 8 ounces pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 diced jalapeno, if desired
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 mango, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water and add pasta.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan on med heat and add garlic and tomatoes, saute Add cumin and jalapeno if you'd like, continuing on med heat.
- After several minutes, add black beans and corn, continuing on med heat.
- Just as the pasta is about to finish cooking, add the salt, cilantro, and mango to the tomatoes.
- Remove pasta from water and drain.
- You can either plate the pasta and add the tomato mixture on top or add the pasta to the tomatoes in the pan and stir together and then serve.