Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mango Sauce Ingredients
- 1 ripe mango, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cut into 12 slices
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Make Mango sauce: Puree mango and ginger in a food processor until smooth. Strain
- 1/2 cup puree into a saucepan, reserving remaining puree. Whisk in mirin, soy sauce, sake, sugar, and 2 TBS. water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring. Remove from heat.
- Coat tofu slices with mango and teriyaki sauce. Heat grill or grill pan and spray with cooking spray.
- Grill tofu 3 minutes, flip, brush with more sauce, grill two to three more minutes.
- Serve with brown rice, garnished with green onions, sesame seeds, and sesame oil.