Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A flat, moist and flavourful cake. Great served warm with ice cream.
- 125 g butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 mango, peeled and diced very small
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 -4 tablespoons fruit juice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Stir sugar into butter, add egg and vanilla. Mix in mango.
- Mix flour with baking powder. Add 1/4 cup at a time.
- Stir in enough juice to make a wet mixture.
- Pour into greased and lined round cake tin. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Cool in tin before turning out.