Recipe by Redsie
The perfect end to a light meal. Made this for my father's birthday and everybody loved it!
- 1⁄2 ripe mango, peeled and pitted
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups 2% fat cottage cheese
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the over to 350°F Spray a 9 inch springform pan with vegetable spray.
- Make puree: in a food processor or blender, puree mango. Set it aside.
- Make crust: in a bowl, stir together graham crumbs, sugar, water, honey and oil until well mixed. Pat mixture onto the bottom and the side of the prepared pan.
- Make filling: in the clean bowl of a food processor, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, egg, egg whites, flour, orange rind and vanilla; puree until smooth. Pour the mixture into the crust. Dollop the pureed mango over top of the batter and use knife to swirl it around.
- Place a pan of hot water on the bottom rack of the over. Bake the cheesecake in the centre of the over for 55 to 60 minutes or until it is slightly loose at the centre.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cake. Let the pan cool on a wire rack until it is room temperature. Chill.