Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this on my great mango recipe search.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 cups chopped mangoes
- Bring water, sugar and vinegar to a boil in a large pot to make a syrup.
- Tie spices in small cheesecloth bag and drop into syrup.
- Drop chopped mango into syrup and allow to stand until syrup cools.
- Drain syrup and reheat to boiling.
- Place mangos in bowl and pour hot syrup over them.
- Repeat this process twice more, removing the spice bag the last time.
- Pack fruit into clean, hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Process for 10 minutes in boiling water bath.