Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
This recipe is taken from "Vegan with a Vengeance" It is perfect for those summer nights when it is too hot to turn on the oven.
Mango Summer Rolls
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 cup seedless cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 ounces rice noodles (very thin kind)
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts (chop very finely)
- 20 rice paper sheets (plus extra in case some tear)
Thai Dipping Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon asian chili oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 3 tablespoons peanuts (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- Mango Summer Rolls:.
- Boil a medium-sized pot of water.
- Turn off heat and add the rice noodles.
- Let them soak for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the noodles and run them under cold water. Set aside in separate bowl.
- Fill pie pan or large wide bowl with hot tap water.
- Place the rice paper wrappers, two at a time, into the water until they are flexible (about 30 seconds to one minute.).
- Carefully remove wrappers from water and lay flat on clean surface.
- In the lower two-thirds of the wrapper, place a tablespoon of the noodles and 1/2 teaspoon of chopped peanuts.
- On top of that place 5-6 mango strips and ontop of that, place 2-3 cucumber strips and 3-4 cilantro leaves.
- Fold the left and right sides of the wrapper over the filling, then take the bottom of the wrapper and begin to roll.
- Keep wrapped and chilled until ready to eat.
- Serve with small fingerbowls of the Thai Dipping Sauce.
- Thai Dipping Sauce: (makes 3/4 cup).
- Mix all of the ingredients together and chill until ready to serve.
Most of Isa's recipes are good, and this one is no exception. I made these rolls today, and aside from them being kind of ugly (I am *awful* at rolling), they were wonderful. One bit of practical advice, though: Make sure your mango isn't too ripe or else you won't be able to chop it into matchsticks. That was my mistake, and I ended up smushing a lot of my mango.