Recipe by veganfeline
This recipe is taken from "Vegan with a Vengeance" It is perfect for those summer nights when it is too hot to turn on the oven.
Top Review by Hungry Collegiate
Most of Isa's recipes are good, and this one is no exception. I made these rolls today, and aside from them being kind of ugly (I am *awful* at rolling), they were wonderful. One bit of practical advice, though: Make sure your mango isn't too ripe or else you won't be able to chop it into matchsticks. That was my mistake, and I ended up smushing a lot of my mango.
Mango Summer Rolls
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 cup seedless cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 ounces rice noodles (very thin kind)
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts (chop very finely)
- 20 rice paper sheets (plus extra in case some tear)
Thai Dipping Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon asian chili oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 3 tablespoons peanuts (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mango Summer Rolls:.
- Boil a medium-sized pot of water.
- Turn off heat and add the rice noodles.
- Let them soak for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the noodles and run them under cold water. Set aside in separate bowl.
- Fill pie pan or large wide bowl with hot tap water.
- Place the rice paper wrappers, two at a time, into the water until they are flexible (about 30 seconds to one minute.).
- Carefully remove wrappers from water and lay flat on clean surface.
- In the lower two-thirds of the wrapper, place a tablespoon of the noodles and 1/2 teaspoon of chopped peanuts.
- On top of that place 5-6 mango strips and ontop of that, place 2-3 cucumber strips and 3-4 cilantro leaves.
- Fold the left and right sides of the wrapper over the filling, then take the bottom of the wrapper and begin to roll.
- Keep wrapped and chilled until ready to eat.
- Serve with small fingerbowls of the Thai Dipping Sauce.
- Thai Dipping Sauce: (makes 3/4 cup).
- Mix all of the ingredients together and chill until ready to serve.