This recipe is taken from "Vegan with a Vengeance" It is perfect for those summer nights when it is too hot to turn on the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Mango Summer Rolls
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 cup seedless cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 ounces rice noodles (very thin kind)
- 1/4 cup peanuts (chop very finely)
- 20 rice paper sheets (plus extra in case some tear)
Thai Dipping Sauce
- 1Mango Summer Rolls:.
- 2Boil a medium-sized pot of water.
- 3Turn off heat and add the rice noodles.
- 4Let them soak for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Drain the noodles and run them under cold water. Set aside in separate bowl.
- 6Fill pie pan or large wide bowl with hot tap water.
- 7Place the rice paper wrappers, two at a time, into the water until they are flexible (about 30 seconds to one minute.).
- 8Carefully remove wrappers from water and lay flat on clean surface.
- 9In the lower two-thirds of the wrapper, place a tablespoon of the noodles and 1/2 teaspoon of chopped peanuts.
- 10On top of that place 5-6 mango strips and ontop of that, place 2-3 cucumber strips and 3-4 cilantro leaves.
- 11Fold the left and right sides of the wrapper over the filling, then take the bottom of the wrapper and begin to roll.
- 12Keep wrapped and chilled until ready to eat.
- 13Serve with small fingerbowls of the Thai Dipping Sauce.
- 14Thai Dipping Sauce: (makes 3/4 cup).
- 15Mix all of the ingredients together and chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Summer Rolls & Thai Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 31.6
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice paper sheets