Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Bring a little romance to your dinner table, by serving this pretty chicken dish stuffed with mango – the fruit of love.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the red pepper relish
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut a pocket along the length of the chicken breast with a sharp knife. Insert slices of mango into the pocket.
- Sprinkle the mango and the chicken breast with the lime juice and season.
- Wrap the prosciutto around the chicken breast, overlapping on the underside of the chicken breast.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan and when foaming, add the chicken, pocket-side down first, to brown all over.
- Place into the oven for 15- 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- For the red pepper relish, place all of the relish ingredients into a small saucepan over a medium heat and simmer for ten minutes, or until the peppers and onions are cooked.
- Serve the chicken with the red pepper relish and mash flavored with fresh cilantro.