1/1 Photo of Mango-Strawberry Fool
One of my all-time favorite summer-time desserts. Easy, beautiful, and heavenly to taste! This used to be a huge favorite among the patrons of the restaurant I worked in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the mangoes and remove the pulp from the seed, trying to keep at least 4 nice slices of mango intact for garnish; set them aside.
- 2In a food processor, puree the remaining pulp to a very fine puree with the salt.
- 3Strain through a fine mesh strainer, pushing hard on the solids.
- 4Chill your mixer bowl and whip in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- 5Whip the cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
- 6Carefully, carefully fold the cream into the mango.
- 7Wash, dry and hull the strawberries.
- 8Slice into quarters.
- 9Into each glass put a spoonful of strawberry pieces.
- 10Top with a dollop of mango-cream.
- 11Top with more berries, then more mango, continuing in layers this way until you have filled the glasses.
- 12End each with the mango-cream.
- 13Garnish each with one of the reserved slices of mango and a little mint sprig.
- 14Serve immediately.
- 15Note 1- if your mangoes are really sweet don't add any sugar to the cream, just whip it without it.
- 16Note 2- this dish won't hold long once you've put it together, 30 minutes or so most.
- 17But you can prepare the mango cream and strawberries up to the point of layering several hours a head.
- 18Get your glasses out and ready, and then just layer before service.
- 19Note 3- try this with raspberries instead of strawberries- heaven!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango-Strawberry Fool
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.4
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 64.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g