One of my all-time favorite summer-time desserts. Easy, beautiful, and heavenly to taste! This used to be a huge favorite among the patrons of the restaurant I worked in.
- Peel the mangoes and remove the pulp from the seed, trying to keep at least 4 nice slices of mango intact for garnish; set them aside.
- In a food processor, puree the remaining pulp to a very fine puree with the salt.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer, pushing hard on the solids.
- Chill your mixer bowl and whip in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Whip the cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
- Carefully, carefully fold the cream into the mango.
- Wash, dry and hull the strawberries.
- Slice into quarters.
- Into each glass put a spoonful of strawberry pieces.
- Top with a dollop of mango-cream.
- Top with more berries, then more mango, continuing in layers this way until you have filled the glasses.
- End each with the mango-cream.
- Garnish each with one of the reserved slices of mango and a little mint sprig.
- Serve immediately.
- Note 1- if your mangoes are really sweet don't add any sugar to the cream, just whip it without it.
- Note 2- this dish won't hold long once you've put it together, 30 minutes or so most.
- But you can prepare the mango cream and strawberries up to the point of layering several hours a head.
- Get your glasses out and ready, and then just layer before service.
- Note 3- try this with raspberries instead of strawberries- heaven!