Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is probably my favorite salad. You can use spring mix instead of spinach, and you can use strawberries instead of mangoes. I bet peaches would be good, too. Enjoy!
- 6 cups Baby Spinach
- 3 cups torn lettuce, of your choice
- 1 cup cubed mango
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- In a large bowl, combine the greens and fruit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over salad; toss to mix well.
I just got lucky, and happened to have everything I needed for this salad on hand. I threw it together for a side salad to have with turkey burgers served with with mango chutney and mustard. The salad was very good although the mango we used was pretty sad. My husband, usually not much of a vinaigrette man, thought it was great. Thanks for the recipe!
This is a fantastic recipe. Had friends over for a BBQ and they have taken the recipe too. Thanx for this one JeriBinNC.