Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not tried this yet, but it looks light and 'healthy' enough for a summer desert. (only 65 calories per serving) Cooking time is freezing time
- Peel the mangoes and cut the flesh into chunks and place in a liquidiser.
- Add the juice of the orange and blend to a puree.
- Dissolve the sugar in the water and pour into the mango puree.
- Pour into a shallow tray and place in the freezer until the mixture is just frozen then remove and break up with a fork, mashing well.
- Fold in the whisked egg white and pour into a container that is deep enough to allow scoops to be taken from it when the sorbet has frozen.
- Remove from the freezer for about 20- 30 minutes before serving to allow the sorbet to soften slightly.