Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Kudos to my nephew for finding this one! A refreshing take on cole slaw.Mint is the unexpected ingredient. You can use any mangoes from underripe to ripe. Ones that are firm are not as sweet but hold their shape better and are delicious in this salad.
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and julienned
- 453.59-566.99 g napa cabbage, halved and sliced very thinly
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 88.74 ml fresh lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 59.14 ml rice vinegar
- 29.58 ml oil, of your choice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes (or to taste, or omit and whisk in chile paste)
- 59.14 ml thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 59.14 ml toasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- Toss mangoes, cabbage, pepper, and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk line juice, vinegar, oil, salt and red pepper in a smaller bowl.
- Pour over slaw.
- You can serve immediately or leave flavours to meld for an hour in the fridge.
- Before serving toss with mint leaves and sprinkle with cashews.