Kudos to my nephew for finding this one! A refreshing take on cole slaw.Mint is the unexpected ingredient. You can use any mangoes from underripe to ripe. Ones that are firm are not as sweet but hold their shape better and are delicious in this salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and julienned
- 1 -1 1/4 lb napa cabbage, halved and sliced very thinly
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil, of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste, or omit and whisk in chile paste)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1Toss mangoes, cabbage, pepper, and onion in a large bowl.
- 2Whisk line juice, vinegar, oil, salt and red pepper in a smaller bowl.
- 3Pour over slaw.
- 4You can serve immediately or leave flavours to meld for an hour in the fridge.
- 5Before serving toss with mint leaves and sprinkle with cashews.
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Slaw With Cashews and Mint
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.6
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 179.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g