Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, cut in 1/4 inch dice
- 2 medium mangoes, cut in 1/2 inch dice
- 2 -3 roasted jalapeno peppers, stemmed,seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined,tails left on if desired
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
- Make salsa by combining all salsa ingredients.
- Adjust seasoning to taste by adding more jalapeno peppers (or leaving seeds on), cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Cover and set aside at room temperature 30 to 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, marinate shrimp in tequila 30 minutes.
- Drain well, reserving tequila.
- Pat shrimp dry and season well with salt and pepper.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and garlic.
- Shake pan and turn shrimp to cook evenly, about 1 minute on each side.
- Add tequila and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat.
- To serve you can either fold in salsa or put the shrimp in a circle with the salsa in the middle.
- Put over rice with the former method.
- Serve rice on the side.