1/1 Photo of Mango Sherbet (Helado De Mango)
This is posted for the World Tour 2005 RecipeZaar event. I haven't had time to try it yet, but - YUM! The source is the Better Homes and Gardens Mexican Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt in saucepan. Cook 5 minutes, and cool.
- 2Combine mangoes and cream in blender container. Blend til smooth. (Or, mash mangoes with a fork and add cream stirring to incorporate.).
- 3Stir in cooled syrup and lemon juice. Divide and freeze mixture in two freezer containers until partially frozen (you can use one container, but it will take longer).
- 4Meanwhile chill a mixer bowl. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites to the soft peak stage. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar to the egg whites, and continue beating until the peaks are stiff.
- 5Add contents of freezer containers to the chilled bowl, and break into chunks. Beat with a mixer until smooth. Fold in beaten egg whites. Return to the freezer containers, and freeze until firm.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Sherbet (Helado De Mango)
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.9
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 54.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g