Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I got this idea from a recipe for "Mango Soft Serve". I made many adjustments to the original recipe to create this smooth, creamy sherbet with great mango flavor and just the right amount of sweetness. This recipe calls for coconut milk, but heavy cream could be substituted if you prefer dairy. (Note: Cook Time includes time needed for the sherbet to freeze solid.)
- 5 cups mangoes, peeled and sliced or 3 large mangoes
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk or 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup mild-flavored honey
- Make sure your ice cream maker's freezer bowl is frozen solid (you don't want to hear even the slightest sloshing noise when shaken). Keep in the freezer until absolutely ready to pour mixture into the machine.
- Into a 5-quart capacity food processor, using the chopping blade (or blender), place all ingredients. Puree until smooth.
- Place mixture into the freezer tub of your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions for freezing. It took only 15 minutes for my machine to churn and freeze.
- With a spatula, turn sorbet into a freezer container. Freeze for 2-4 hours or until desired texture.