Recipe by drhousespcatcher
From Jane Brody's Good Food Gourmet developed by Abby Mandel for Bon Appetit.
- 9 ounces navel oranges
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mangoes, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon orange-flavored liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Fruit can be frozen and wrapped in plastic weeks in advance.
- Using a zester, remove outer orange colored peel of orange. Wrap zest in plastic and set aside. Remove remaining skin, pull into sections and set aside.
- Peel and slice your mango if needed.
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Place mango and orange on baking sheet. Freeze until firm.
- Remove 15 minutes before using. Place in food processor along with peel and sugar. Process until minced.
- Add yogurt and liqueur to minced fruit, process until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Serve sherbet immediately or transfer it to bowl and place in freezer. Remover from freezer 20 to 30 minutes before serving time and let soften in refrigerator.