Chef #208121's Note:
From Jane Brody's Good Food Gourmet developed by Abby Mandel for Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fruit can be frozen and wrapped in plastic weeks in advance.
- 2Using a zester, remove outer orange colored peel of orange. Wrap zest in plastic and set aside. Remove remaining skin, pull into sections and set aside.
- 3Peel and slice your mango if needed.
- 4Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- 5Place mango and orange on baking sheet. Freeze until firm.
- 6Remove 15 minutes before using. Place in food processor along with peel and sugar. Process until minced.
- 7Add yogurt and liqueur to minced fruit, process until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 8Serve sherbet immediately or transfer it to bowl and place in freezer. Remover from freezer 20 to 30 minutes before serving time and let soften in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mango Sherbet
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 18.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 33.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: