Recipe by Bellaa
I started making these after hosting a Pampered Chef show. My husband loves them and I often make them when entertaining as well.
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup strawberry, hulled and finely diced
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and finely diced (peaches can be substituted for mango)
- 1 kiwi, peeled and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) jar strawberry ice cream topping
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- To make shells:Preheat oven to 350.Trim Tortillas to make triangles and cute a 1-inch slit in each side of triangle. Combine sugar and cinnamon, mix well.Brush tortillas with melted butter, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.Press into Muffin Pan.Bake 18-20 minutes. If you don't want to go to the trouble of making "bowls" just make triangles or strips to sprinkle on top of your ice cream.
- To make Mango Salsa:Combine strawberries, mango, kiwi, lime zest, and lime juice and stir gently.
- To Finish: For each sundae place 2 TBSP of strawberry ice cream topping on a small plate.Place one tortilla shell "bowl" onto sauce.Place one scoop of ice cream into shell.Top with fruit salsa and sprinkle with almonds.