Recipe by Isabeau
A variation of mango black bean salsa recipes I have found. I made it for fish, but it is also good with chicken or just as a dip with corn chips.
- 1⁄2 of a 540 ml can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe mango, cubed
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 fresh habanero pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice or 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients and chill if making ahead of time.
- I served over sole that was coated in a mixture of 2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. The fish was cooked on a greased grill, 2 minutes per side. The recipe is from recipe # 230553.